The teaching profession is one of the most stable in America. Careers in education allow Black men to grow professionally and financially. With a career in education, you can impact the next generation and expand your legacy.
With an infusion of Black men in education, students perform better. With higher-performing students, communities improve access to wealth today and in future generations. Become an educator today!
He Is Me Institute is here to help you get started. Whether you are in high school looking into college majors, in college selecting your field, or in the classroom making a difference every day, He Is Me Institute works to get you to the school and keep you in the classroom, making an impact.
The He is Me Fellowship is a one-year cohort of Black male college students who build community through engaging in affinity-based learning while discovering their passion for teaching. The program consists of:
- Completing weekly asynchronous learning modules to explore a Black male-centered teaching curriculum.
- Attending monthly virtual seminars to engage in deeper learning and build community with other Fellows.
Benefits for He is Me Fellows:
- Access to paid school-based work opportunities with He is Me partners, (including after-school and summer programming.)
- Invitation to the Future Teacher Institute at Shady Hill Teacher Training Center in Cambridge, MA, (includes travel, meals, and lodging.)
- Lifelong access to the He is Me Fellowship Network; which includes:
- discounted tuition to partnering colleges and graduate schools
- invitations to regular He is Me Career Fairs
The Black male teacher shop
The place for educators to express culture, integrity, empathy, and reflection. Our apparel sparks conversations about the current state of education and the racial wealth gap in America. All sales support the mission of He Is Me Institute.
Learn more about He Is Me Institute and receive our bi-monthly newsletter!